Requirements to join the American Legion
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
NEW MEMBERSHIP Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on "Application" button.
2. Print two (2) complete copies, keep one copy for your records and mail the other copy to the PO Box 193 Northfield together with
your payment of dues $ 30.00. Applications are also available at the post.
3. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
4. Membership Dues Payment. Dues. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to our Post listed above. DO NOT SEND CASH.
5.If he information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
6. Please see eligibility dates below.
TRANSFERS Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
7. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces between:
April 6, 1917 -November 11, 1918 World War I
December 7, 1941 - December 31 1946) World War II
June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955 Korean War
February 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975 Vietnam War
August 24, 1982 - July 31,1984) Lebanon/Grenada
December 20, 1989 - January 31, 1990 Operation Just Cause
August 2, 1990 - Today)* Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Because Eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States. Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates below and honorably discharged or still serving honorably.
Copyright © Harvey D. Johnson American Legion Post 295. All rights reserved.